Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Foot-long? Yep!

Stupid yet funny thing happened.

As with all Wednesdays, I usually comatose on the MRT back from school (due to waking early with no breakfast and 5 consecutive students) to Bishan, where I will grab a quick bite with a coffee followed by lessons with my afternoon private kids.

Been feeling a little immune weak so decided to pass on the fast food and hit Subway for the vegs. I WAS half asleep when I approached the counter. People who have eaten at Subway would know their breads come in 2 sizes. 6 inch and foot-long. This is what happened:

Me (half asleep): Hi.... can I have the cold cut please?

Server: Okay! Foot-long?

Me: Yep. (Without thinking, still asleep)

Server: Which bread?

Me: The honey-oat please.

Server: *Turns and brings out this humongous long piece of bread and starts slapping meat and cheese on it*

Me: ....... (????????????)

Server: Would you like your bread and cheese toasted?

Me: ..... uh.... yeah..... (Crap.)


Yeah. That was what happened.

THE GODAMNED SANDWICH WAS AS LONG AS MY ENTIRE CALF!!!!

I had planned to eat my lunch inside the shop, but looking at the ridiculously large sandwich and the way the cashier was looking at me, I asked for a takeaway. Still didn't stop the other customers from staring at me as I left, had to stuff it into my bag.

Thank gawd for big bags.

Looking at the bright side, at least I didn't have to worry about dinner.

P.S: Dad laughed his ass off when I told him. -.-

1 comment:

Jaden Tan said...

foot long is NICE right!~ haha i usually ordered tat no matter share with ppl or eat alone haha. nice for you la did you manage to finish tat?