Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Strange Day

Had a really strange day. Well, it was actually frustrating and infuriating but I've simmered down quite a bit thanks to a complaining session with Sis. Okay, let us start with the good.

Had a lesson with WsB again after a 2 week holiday break. Click here for details. Lessons with him is a challenge in witticism, and a battle to the death on who can out-smart the other. (Hey, I wasn't the one who initiated the battle! Seriously!)

Round 1:
We started on a new song, Happy Birthday, found in the practical book.

WsB: I tried out this song a few times during the holidays.

Me: Oh really? Why? Is someone's birthday coming up?

WsB: My Dad, next week! HELLO~?! *smirk*

(Yes, he did mention about the Dad's birthday like a month ago, which I clean forgot.)

Results of Round 1: He got me good.

Round 2 (ding ding ding!)

Theory time, he did not do his work at all, so I sat him down and made him plow through his assigned homework.

WsB: That's... an F!

Me: Nope.

WsB: What?! Okay then... C!

Me: Nope.

WsB: What??!! It's a B!

Me: Stop guessing and count the letters properly!

WsB: I KNOW!! It's an E!!

Me: ....G.

WsB: Bah.

Round 2: It's a draw! (I think.)

Round 3:

After losing to me in theory (boys, lol), he proceeded to grumble to himself which sounded suspiciously like a couple of spanish words thrown in.

Me: Spanish? You know spanish? (Yes, I was shocked.)

WsB: *looking smug* Yes.

Me: Where did you learn it from? Your parents?

WsB: TV. Duh. You know spanish?

Me: Coupla words here and there.

WsB: Senorita?

Me: Miss.

WsB: Senor?

Me: Mr.

WsB: Bueno?

Me: Good.

WsB: Bleh.

End of lesson: 2:1, winner goes to me! Heh!
Think about it. A 6-year old quizzing you Spanish. How strange is that?


Bad thing:

I lost all my Sunday students. I'll just summarize it into four words. Bad planning (NOT ON MY PART!) and Foreign Talent. I'm gonna miss my kids. *sigh* I just hope they will take to this new teacher. *double sigh*

The news came as quite of a bit of a shock. Been teaching these kids (and adults) for a couple of months, they were already getting used to me and my teaching tempo, and now, they are suddenly shuffled a new teacher. Sheesh.

As Sis said, I'll just fill up my slots with private kids. But I will miss these kids. *Sob* How discouraging. Oh well, time to chin up and plough on!

No comments: