Thursday, September 3, 2009

Funny 1st Driving Lesson

Had my first driving lesson today. Think maybe I'm the first student to make my instructor, Mr Lau, laugh this much. But he is EVIL!! Purposely make me freak!! After a quick rundown of the controls, we started driving slowly, while he told he how to change gears and all that. 15 mins later, he went, "Okay ah, you drive ah, I read newspaper" (he said jokingly). I went "HAAAAHHHHH?!?!?!??!?!?" Then he started laughing.

And I thought I was the only one with a twisted sense of humor.

While trundling around-

Mr Lau: You never play those driving games meh? Gran Turismo all these.

Me: Have la, like TEN YEARS AGO! (I was panicking. I have learnt that I cannot talk and drive at the same time, yet.)

Mr Lau: *laugh*

5 mins later:

Mr Lau: You really never drive before meh?

Me: Never la! Go-Kart have ah.

Mr Lau: *laugh again*


The funniest thing I remember was when we were at the traffic lights and I was concentrating so hard on looking at the lights that I didn't notice I was inching the car forward. (There was another car in front of me.) He went, "Okay, brake. Brake. OKAY BRAKE." Freaking out, I stepped on the accelerator instead, took me a coupla secs to figure out my foot was on the wrong pedal. (Luckily I was only in the 1st gear) Then I apologized, saying "Sorry, I dunnoe where my leg is."

And he started laughing. Again.

And he had to keep telling me to relax while laughing, that I was holding the steering wheel too tight, making him hard to help me control.

And I stalled the car five times. Each time I stalled, he laughed. "Because you forget to put back neutral la."

No wonder so people these days get an Auto license instead.

After the lesson, we were talking about exam dates, the closest one is on the 24th Dec (Yep, X'mas eve.)

Mr Lau: Or you want wait until January?

Me: Still got 3 months right? Should be enough right?

Both of us looked at each other for awhile, then went "heh heh heh heh heh."



Heh.

No comments: